We are sorry you have had cause to complain. This page explains our complaints procedure and your rights if you remain dissatisfied.
Our commitment to you:
• We aim to respond to all complaints in a prompt, consistent and fair manner.
• Your complaint will be investigated by a suitably trained representative who was not directly involved in the matter that is the subject of your complaint. The member of staff will either have the authority to settle your complaint or will have ready access to someone who has the authority.
• If we are unable to resolve your complaint within four weeks of receipt, we will contact you to explain why we are not in a position to resolve your complaint and give you an indication of when we will make further contact.
• In the unlikely event that your complaint has not been resolved within eight weeks of original receipt, we will send you a letter explaining why we have still not resolved your complaint and tell you when we will make further contact.
• Our final response will advise of our findings and, where appropriate, what action is being taken to resolve the matter. We will address the subject matter of your complaint, and where the complaint is upheld, we will offer a resolution that is consistent with treating all of our customers fairly.
• If you telephone us during our investigation and the member of staff handling your complaint is not available, then another member of our team will be able to help you.
• If you are dissatisfied with our final response, you can either ask us to reconsider or you can refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service (see details below).
• Eight weeks after us being in receipt of your complaint, you have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service, if we have replied or not.
• If you decide to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service, you must do this within 6 months of the date we issue our final response to you. After this time the Ombudsman may refuse to consider the matter.
We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), who have set out specific rules for the handling of complaints. Our procedure is compliant with the FCA rules but if you wish to obtain further information you can contact the FCA as follows:
FCA Consumer Helpline: 0800 111 6768 (Freephone)
From abroad: +44 20 7066 1000
Address Financial Ombudsman Service
South Quay Plaza,
183 Marsh Wall,
London E14 9SR
Helpline telephone: 0300 123 9 123